Monday, September 19, 2011

Critter time!

...Well, almost. As soon as I'm done with this freelance project, I'll be jumping straight into modeling the low-poly versions of all my portfolio-bound critters, and if there's time, the three goddesses of their world, too. I will definitely be designing them and posting my writings on their roles in the world's creation and whatnot, though, so keep a look out for some beauties to be joining the beasts.

A lot has been going on in the background regarding the world-building of my portfolio-verse in the small spaces of time I've found here and there. For the most part it's just been brainstorming, writing, and research/reference-hoarding, but here are a few drawings:



This is little more than yet another refinement on the dawnbringers' body structure. I think it may be close enough to finalized by now to go ahead and use for the turnaround for the model.



All this is is the basic body flow/proportions of the white phoenix and how her crest moves. Top and front views with wings are forthcoming.



These are the first batch of idea sketches for a whole new species - the tidebearers. I envisioned them as a sort of cross between an electric eel and a horseshoe crab, and huge (about 70 ft. long). Like the dawnbringers are shepherds of the sun, the tidebearers guide the moon. Unlike them, though, tidebearers are largely solitary. More on them will come as they are developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always appreciated!