Friday, September 23, 2011

The White Phoenix

I thought I'd do some more refined concept drawings tonight with my markers. Soon I should be diving into the low-poly models of this phoenix and my other two critters!


Here is a creature who is unique in her world. She is known as the Bird of Life, the White Phoenix, or even the Daughter of Ourana. The bird was born from the fruit of the white tree which spawned when a lone dawnbringer called the sun to a land cursed with darkness. In gratitude, she blessed him with eternal youth (not immortality), which remains in effect so long as she is alive. She also has the ability to heal the sick or wounded.

The phoenix herself can die or be killed, but so long as the tree lives, it will bear another fruit from which she will be reborn. The only way to destroy the tree is to take away the sun - to kill the dawnbringer who dwells here and calls it each morning, or otherwise prevent him from carrying out his task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always appreciated!