Sunday, September 25, 2011
Dawnbringer model WIP
So here he is in all his low-poly glory (4634 tris) - the first form of my first portfolio model. This mesh still needs some tweaking (like the topology on the wing membranes) but overall he's ready to be detailed in ZBrush. After that he'll get textured then de-baldified with Shave and a Haircut.
I modeled him in Maya, and tried a technique where you do the initial blocking in of forms with NURBS then convert to polys. I think I quite like it; it's a good, speedy way of starting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Is there any particular reason you've redesigned their faces to be more cat-like? Interesting decision :)
ReplyDeleteAs I was developing the species, it became clear that I was leaning a lot toward felines for anatomy (particularly leopards) largely because of their climbing adaptations. Also since the focus of the design has always been a sort of leonine majesty, his face has kind of evolved in that direction over time, though I still want to keep it longer and give the species a more generalized dentition like a that of a bear or a canine. Cats are a little too specialized for what I want here.
ReplyDeleteHiiii! :3 Great stuff! And guess who!? :3
ReplyDelete.. :3 Okay I'll give it away.. I'm Kura from PC <3