Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tidebearer Render


I'm currently still working on rigs/animations of my models to give some life to my turnarounds in my reel, but this evening I thought I'd do something with one of my test renders in Photoshop. This particular critter's rig uses the shiny new nDynamics system with one nucleus node taking care of both the nCloth that drives the tail fin and the whisker things which have a hair curve/splineIK setup. There's also a cycling oscillation of the photophores on his back which was fun to do. A lot of my models lend themselves to interesting rig ideas, which I wish I had more time to be super thorough with, but I gotta pick and choose how far to go with them - at least for Portfolio. After graduation, though, I definitely want to tinker more.

1 comment:

  1. SHINING FISH....within the sea! Erm, insert some odd comment about water here.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated!